As an online seller, you must make certain that customers could connect with you easily on a more emotional and personal level. By doing this, you’ll be able to pinpoint the right emotions that could kick start favorable responses from them while they browse your site.
Here are some common emotions that people experience in their decision-making process and how you could leverage them to your advantage:
- Desire – Produce compelling content and make your offerings stand out from competitors, so customers will choose your brand. Think how your products could be used in your target customer’s lifestyle.
- Intrigue – You need to have an enthralling identity, especially in this digital era. These include an easily identifiable logo, colors, typography, and graphics. Along with marketing messages, web development experts in Kingsport say that these can make your target customer want to know more about your brand and products.
- Surprise – Add some elements of surprise to your customers’ shopping experience. Among the most common ways to do this is by using 404 error pages. Instead of simply saying "Page Not Found," display a clever quote or quirky graphics that embodies your brand’s personality instead.
- Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) – Instill a sense of fear or urgency to purchase your products or avail of your services in your customers by offering flash sales, mobile-only promos, and other offers with a time limit.
- Trust – Make your check out as secure as possible and display security badges. Don’t forget to post customer reviews and press mentions about your brand. Transparency is the key to gaining customer trust.
Keep in mind that everything on your site must have a specific purpose to not frustrate or confuse your customers. If a feature or design element isn’t clear to them, they might get frustrated or assign their own meaning and attach an emotion to it.